Monday, February 2, 2009

Sunday Summary

We had wonderful day of worship at BBC this Lord's Day! As normal, we started off with our Early Morning Prayer Meeting. Our Usher's Ministry is providing leadership for the month of February. This prayer meting has been a real blessing to our church. It has helped to revitalize our worship and it has put the driving force behind many of the things that the Lord has given us to do.

During this week of sermon preparation, I was tossed between 3 passages and really in turmoil about what to preach. Later in the week than i would've liked, a passage finally settled in me. There was a heavy burden on me to exhort the congregation in the midst of these troubling times to put their trust in the Lord. i was excited about the preaching moment. I preached a message from Psalm 121. The message was entitled, "Help is on the way". Here's the outline;

Help is on the Way
Psalm 121

1. Provider
1. Creator v.2
2. Confidence
A. You won’t slip v. 3a
B. He won’t sleep v. 3b-4

2. Protector
1. Battle v.5
2. Being v.6
A. Sun – Body
B. Moon – Brain

3. Preserver
1. Adversaries
2. All Ages

God truly blessed the exposition and the reception of the Word was great! God be praised! I am truly excited about the new things going on at BBC. We made some changes to our Morning Worship that help service to flow real smooth. Also, on last week, the DVD ministry was started! Special thanks to Monica and Cory Brazier for volunteering their time, talent, and treasure to help us begin this form of outreach!

I thought I would be able to rest today, but I had to attend a school board meeting because they are getting ready to embark upon some new forms of education, meaning a new tech high school and a high school program that gives kids enough college credit to obtain an Associates degree. I was very interested in this and wanted to see if these new avenues of education would be available to all South Bend residents and not just some. The matter will be voted on next Monday. Keep our School Corporation in your prayers.

This will prove to be a busy week as we are getting ready for Gun Buy Back 2009 and as I am preparing my 1st Agenda as IMA president. Please keep me in your prayers that all of these endeavors do not keep me from my first love and calling and that is to PREACH!!! God Bless!!!

7 comments:

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

Thank God that you are so committed to bringing the word that edifies man and glorifies God. Truly in times like these we need to be reminded to put our trust in God. Where would I be without His help. Great post. Thanks Doc for teaching me.

It was great to hear your voice while visiting Pastor Lance. It is my prayer that one day soon we shall also meet face to face.

Take care.

Mother

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Spoon, stop showing off. Everybody knows you have one of the greatest minds in the church. Stop making the rest of us look bad. That is a great outline and expression of biblical exposition. I want the DVD! I'm serious!

Lance

Pastor Rev. Ray E. Owens said...

Spoon,

I now understand why South Bend has experienced a mini heat wave. With preaching like that, the atmosphere has to change. I will gladly take your hand-me-downs,

Keep running,

Owens

Ronald said...

President, once again true to form you delivered a powerful message. I pray God gives you enough time and help to accomplish all that He has assigned to your hand to do.

Put me down for a DVD too, please.

Just another fan,
Ron

Clinton Smith said...

Can the church say amen! Great post, Doc Spoon! I too want a DVD.

Rev. Barney said...

I pray your strength in the Lord. Remember Jethro....

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

Doc, I haven't heard from you in a while. Is everything alright? I was glad to speak briefly with you on the phone a few weeks ago. You have a very friendly and inviting presence in your voice. I look forward to meeting you face to face in the not to distant future. Take care.

Mom