Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Burning the Midnight Oil

As always, I stay up extra late the night before Bible Study. I am excited about our study, We are in book of Galatians. We looked at the Personal section which covered chapters 1-2, we looked at the Principles section which covered chapter 3-4, now we began the Practical section of chapter 5 a few weeks ago. We will be looking at the works of the flesh vs. the fruit of the Spirit.

Pray for us as we go through the rest of this study. I really enjoy Paul's teaching on justification by faith and I believe that it is needed because there are some who "hang their hats" on so many other things to be justified in the eyes of God other than faith in Christ (church affiliation, worship style, denomination, etc...).

These "hat hangers" are not definers of salvation, but rather demonstrations of salvation. I am not saved because I am Baptist, but I demonstrate my salvation in a Baptist Church. My prayer for the rest of this study is that we remove all of the "hat hangers" and rely only on our faith In Christ to make us acceptable to God! Jeremiah 9:23-24 says, " Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD. "

1 comment:

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Boy I am soooo proud of you! Welcome to the blogging fraternity. I have been waiting for you to join with us for a long time. You have too great a mind to not share your thoughts and convictions with the rest of the world.

Lance