Monday, February 4, 2013

Sunday Summary

Greetings,

This is a day that The Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it! I hope that this finds you doing well. We had a great corporate worship experience this past Lord's day at BBC. Our day started as it always does in prayer. Thank God for a group of people that have dedicated themselves to the ministry of intercessory prayer. I truly believe that prayer is the life blood of our church.

I have the wonderful privilege of teaching our New Members Class. I believe that this gives the new member a direct contact with the pastor and the relationship can bloom and blossom from there. It was also amazing to see the faces of the new converts light up as their understanding of faith in Christ begins to grow and they begin to develop an appreciation for the Word of God!

Corporate worship began with believers baptism. I always smile during baptism because it reminds me of my conversion experience and the mothers of the church sing those old baptism hymns that remind me of good old fashioned church! We were truly blessed by songs from our Mass Choir. I was excited and ready for preaching! I preached a message from Lamentations 3:21-23, entitled "It could be worse". The passage lets us know without hesitation that no matter how bad things are, if it was not for the Sovereign hand of God, they would be worse. It could be worse if:

1. His Mercy didn't Manage our Misery

2. His Compassion didn't Cancel our Completion

3. Not for the Longevity of the Lord's Loyalty

God blessed the exposition of the text! I truly thank God for what He is doing in the life of our church. I truly look forward to what the future holds! My day ended with friends and family watching the Super Bowl. Congratulations to the Baltimore Ravens, who overcame "Light Gate" and defeated the San Francisco 49ers to win their 2nd Super Bowl. After all of the food that I ate, it will be a must that I get in the gym today! However, we are supposed to get between 4 and 6 inches of snow, so we'll see how that goes.

Well that's enough for now. I have a busy week of teaching, sermon preparation, and preparing some of our football players to compete at the Nike Sparq Combine on February 16. God Bless and keep you until we meet again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post Pastor! I am glad to see that you are keeping up with the blogging! Great work!