Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday Sunday

Greetings,

I greet you in the name that is above every name, Jesus! I hope that this finds you doing well. Today has been a very good day. God has been faithful toward us at BBC. Our day started with Early Morning Prayer service. I know that I say it often, but this service really inspires all who attend and sets the atmosphere for the corporate worship experience.

New Members class today was awesome. It is amazing to see new lives in Christ being shaped and transformed by the word of God. The students pondered and promised to spend some time in prayer to discover their God given purpose.

I was extremely happy to have my mother and grandmother, who came to visit for the weekend in church with me on today! Today we were blessed with selections from our Male Chorus and their ministry of music lifted the hearts ad minds of the people and prepared everyone for the preached word of God. I preached a message from Ephesians 6:10-13, entitled, "The Invisible Battle". There's a war going on with opposition that we cannot see with the human eye, stand against with our own power, or fight with carnal weapons, so to fight this invisible battle:

1. There is a Charge of Power (v.10)

2. You must have a Commitment to Prepare (v.11)

3. You have to Clarify the Problem (v.12)

4. You must Carry your Protection (v.13)

God blessed the exposition of the text! Thank God for this awesome privilege to carry His Word! My day ended with my family and I traveling to Believer's COGIC for a musical. Our choir was invited to sing and they did a wonderful job in song ministry. I'm really excited about the future of our Music Ministry and the direction it is taking. To God be the Glory!

Pray for me on this week as I prepare to preach the eulogy of Pastor Albert Miller, pastor of the St. Matthews MBC of Buchannon, Michigan who went home to Glory on Saturday morning. This is a very humbling task as well as a hard task because preaching in front of a group of preachers can be uneasy to say the least. I am honored to preach a eulogy of someone who lived so well and pastored for over 25 years! He was my son in the ministry and I will miss him greatly.

I want to close by saying that God will answer prayer! We have been praying for specific at BBC and today God gave me a sneak peak of how He's going to work it out! I can't tell you what it is yet, but when it happens, I will be more than happy to share it with all of you!

Until we meet again, may God bless you and keep you is my prayer!


1 comment:

Rev. Barney said...

To God be the glory!! Just because I am not in the Bend does not mean you are not in my prayers. Love ya pastor.