Thursday, March 12, 2009

Revival Night 1

Today was an awesome day! I flew out from Chicago at 6am, and landed safely in Atlanta! God be praised. Pastor Johnson and his associate minister Rev. Churchwell met me at the airport and were very helpful and friendly. I was so excited to be back in Columbus, GA! I was really excited about preaching this year. Not only because I get an opportunity to express my convictions about Christ, but when I arrived last year, I was sick and had no voice and preaching those 5 nights was a struggle for me. Thanks be to God, that this year, I am feeling fine.

They dropped me off at my room to get some rest and I could hardly rest because of the excitement I had about preaching! When we arrived at church, people were already there excited about the revival. Pastor Johnson did something very unique and commendable in my view. The church gathered on Monday and Tuesday to pray for the revival. Needless to say, that after 2 powerful days of prayer, there was an atmosphere of praise in the place!

I anxiously approached the preaching moment and as it drew closer, I had to ask the Lord to calm me down so I could communicate His Word clearly. Tonight I preached a message from Daniel 3:15-18, entitled "Furnace Faith" Here's the outline.

Furnace Faith:

1. Accepts the Challenge

2. Announces the Creator

3. Astounds the Critics

God blessed the exposition and presentation of this passage! The people were both receptive and responsive to the preached Word! God gave further evidence of His presence, as a little girl came to give her life to the Lord! Hallelujah!!! I am really looking forward to the remainder of this revival as we are expecting God to continue to manifest Himself in the place!

I'm going to bed now so that I can be rested and refreshed! See you tomorrow! God Bless and pray for us!

5 comments:

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

That's my brother!!!! Furnace Faith!!! MAJOR stuff doctor. Get some rest revun.

Lance

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

I'm so glad you made a safe arrival and was greeted warmly by your host pastor and church. I am confident that the Lord has and will use you to bless His people. Praying for you!!!!

HALLELUJAH said...

Wish I could be there.


GOD Bless~~~

Rev. Barney said...

I have been praying for you all week my brother. At seven each night I go in prayer for you and the following train that God would use you to strenghten, and stimulate his people to hold on to His unchanging hand. Preach or Perish!!

Reverend K Dewayne Moss said...

Looking oh so forward to what the Lord will say through you in OKC next month.... Be encouraged my brother, you are definitely a preaching machine